On 3-4 November 2016, DTL will organise a workshop entitled ‘FAIR Data Stewardship for Discovery and Innovation’ for its partners. Registration is open.
Good data stewardship is rapidly becoming an essential part of modern science. To facilitate good data stewardship and to promote open science, a broad community of international stakeholders have developed FAIR principles, that ensure data are Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable. The FAIR principles have been embraced by both the European Commission and the G20.
DTL-associated scientists have played a key role in developing the FAIR principles. The DTL network actively promotes FAIR data stewardship, for instance by organising ‘Bring your own data (BYOD) workshops’ and driving the development of technology and other infrastructure to support FAIR data stewardship. Therefore, we offer DTL partners a workshop entitled ‘FAIR Data Stewardship for Discovery and Innovation’.
Day one (3 November) of the workshop will be a condensed version of the inspiring LERU summer school that DTL co-organised last July,
- providing an overview about your data responsibilities in light of the recommendations of the European Commission for the European Open Science cloud,
- showing what ‘FAIR data’ effectively means and how it will impact your organisation/research,
- demonstrating the value of FAIR Data,
- demonstrating the first generation of FAIR Data tools.
Target audience day one:
- members of the DTL Partner Advisory Committee (high level & middle management),
- employees of DTL partners that are involved in data stewardship or data management,
- principal investigators and technical experts employed by DTL partners.
Day two (4 November) will be a more technical, BYOD-type session, offering participants insight in the need for and benefits of FAIR data and the methodology,
- walking through the process of FAIRifying data,
- diving into FAIR data technologies and guidelines,
- providing some hands-on coding experience using exemplar data sets,
- demonstrating the DTL Knowledge platform as a discovery tool. Target audience day two:
- technical experts and bioinformatics experts employed at DTL partners,
- employees of DTL partners that are involved in data stewardship or data management.
It is possible to register for one day only, as well as for both days.
- Date: 3 and 4 November 2016.
- Venue: will be announced as soon as possible.
- Costs: free for employees of DTL partners.
- Registration: Please fill out the registration form if you want to join the workshop. It is possible to register for one day only, as well as for both days.