On 15 November 2016, TraIT, BBMRI-NL, and DTL co-organised a workshop about data management tools for translational research. The session was part of a Partnerships MeetUp, organised by Lygature. Workshop participants gained hands-on experience in biomedical translational data management, data sharing and associated infrastructures.
BBMRI-NL, DTL and TraIT co-organised five busy and lively mini-workshops in collaboration with experts from their partners, notably Erasmus University Medical Center (Erasmus MC), Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI), The Hyve and University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG).
The aim was to give a flavour of what is already possible in the Netherlands in end-to-end biomedical translational data management via the following short hands-on sessions:
- Clinical data (OpenClinica) by Marinel Cavelaars, Jolanda Strubel and Jacob Rousseau
- Biomedical imaging (XNAT) by Marcel Koek and Adriaan Versteeg
- Biobanking (Molgenis Catalogue) by David van Enckevort
- Making data FAIR – or FAIRify! – FAIR DataPoint by Rajaram Kaliyaperumal and Luiz Olavo Bonino, and myFAIR Analysis by Andrew Stubbs
- Data integration (tranSMART) by Mariska Bierkens and Jochem Bijlard
Although short, the workshops led to very fruitful discussions between participants and the experts, including how to make use of the tools and the network of experts for their own studies and data.
All the above workshops were available online for participants until the end of November, but anyone interested can contact the TraIT Service Desk for follow-up. In 2017, more in-depth follow-up training sessions will be organised.
See the photos below for an impression of the workshop: