DTL Focus Meetings address scientific or infrastructural issues that cross borders between technologies or domains.
- Contact us if you want to organise a Focus Meeting or suggest a topic.
We organise a focus meeting when someone from the DTL office or any researcher signals a problem or solution that comes up in different places.
Focus Meetings usually feature a few short lectures, followed by a well-prepared discussion with the whole audience or in breakouts. A white paper or report is prepared after the meeting, so that the results can be shared with the DTL community.
Upcoming Focus meetings:
See also the events list.
Possible other topics
If you have any meeting topic that you would want to discuss, just mail Rob about it.
Past Focus Meetings
- Text mining en spraakinput voor Nederlandse EPD’s, 2022-10-03
- Data Publishing and Archival, 2021-03-25 (Meeting report)
- Setup of Dutch cBioPortal community, 2020-09-09
- Metadata for data reusability: eNotebook standards, 2019-10-31
- Data storage beyond your project’s lifetime, 2019-01-23
- Electronic Data Capture, 2018-06-14 (Meeting report)
- FAIR Tooling, 2017-11-08
- Creating a Bioinformatics and Data Stewardship Service Center, 2017-03-09 (Meeting report)
- Data integration, standards and FAIR principles in proteomics, 2016-08-09 (Slides)
- Current status of FAIR developments, 2016-05-25 (Slides)
- Fair data stewardship and data management plans for DTL Hotel managers, 2016-03-22 (Meeting report)
- New sequencing technology: Nanopore and PacBio, 2016-03-08
- Scalability of image storage and processing, 2016-02-29
- Research Workspaces for Health Care research: local or federated, 2015-12-16 (Meeting report)
- Data Management in Biological Collections, September 29, 2015
- Good Research Practice / E-lab journal, September 9, 2015
- Using GRCh38 in NGS data analysis, March 31, 2015 (Meeting report)
- No more duplicate data entry!, July 8, 2014 (Slides)
- Good Research Practice (GRP), July 7, 2014 (Slides)
- Genome imputation, June 6, 2014, Wageningen (Meeting report, Slides)
- Water Metagenomics, June 2, 2014 (Meeting report)
- Genomes gone Wild, May 12, 2014
- Proteomics bioinformatics: Colims, May 8, 2014, Amsterdam
- NGS Production pipelines, April 15, 2014 (White paper)
- Study Capturing, March 21, 2014, Maastricht
- Research data repositories: requirements & solutions, March 3 2014 (White paper)
- NGS Data Sharing & Repository, February 3, 2014 (White paper)
- Workshop ‘Peak Capacity’, September 23, 2013 (White paper)