DTL Focus Meetings address scientific or infrastructural issues that cross borders between technologies or domains.
- Contact us if you want to organise a Focus Meeting or suggest a topic.
We organise a focus meeting when someone from the DTL office or any researcher signals a problem or solution that comes up in different places.
Focus Meetings usually feature a few short lectures, followed by a well-prepared discussion with the whole audience or in breakouts. A white paper or report is prepared after the meeting, so that the results can be shared with the DTL community.
Upcoming Focus meetings:
See also the events list.
Possible other topics
If you have any meeting topic that you would want to discuss, just mail Rob about it.
Past Focus Meetings
- Data Publishing and Archival, March 25, 2021 (Meeting report)
- Setup of Dutch cBioPortal community, September 9, 2020
- Metadata for data reusability: eNotebook standards, October 31, 2019
- Data storage beyond your project’s lifetime, January 23, 2019
- Electronic Data Capture, June 14, 2018 (Meeting report)
- FAIR Tooling, November 8, 2017
- Creating a Bioinformatics and Data Stewardship Service Center, March 9, 2017 (Meeting report)
- Data integration, standards and FAIR principles in proteomics, August 9, 2016 (Slides)
- Current status of FAIR developments, May 25, 2016 (Slides)
- Fair data stewardship and data management plans for DTL Hotel managers, March 22, 2016 (Meeting report)
- New sequencing technology: Nanopore and PacBio, March 8, 2016
- Scalability of image storage and processing, February 29, 2016
- Research Workspaces for Health Care research: local or federated, December 16, 2015 (Meeting report)
- Data Management in Biological Collections, September 29, 2015
- Good Research Practice / E-lab journal, September 9, 2015
- Using GRCh38 in NGS data analysis, March 31, 2015 (Meeting report)
- No more duplicate data entry!, July 8, 2014 (Slides)
- Good Research Practice (GRP), July 7, 2014 (Slides)
- Genome imputation, June 6, 2014, Wageningen (Meeting report, Slides)
- Water Metagenomics, June 2, 2014 (Meeting report)
- Genomes gone Wild, May 12, 2014
- Proteomics bioinformatics: Colims, May 8, 2014, Amsterdam
- NGS Production pipelines, April 15, 2014 (White paper)
- Study Capturing, March 21, 2014, Maastricht
- Research data repositories: requirements & solutions, March 3 2014 (White paper)
- NGS Data Sharing & Repository, February 3, 2014 (White paper)
- Workshop ‘Peak Capacity’, September 23, 2013 (White paper)