The activities of the DTL network are organised in three programmes:
Technologies: high-end wet-lab facilities and the associated expertise, quality assurance processes, best practices, guidelines, and standards (managed by Merlijn van Rijswijk).
Learning: training and education of users and experts in the fields of Data and Technologies (managed by Celia van Gelder).
While the DTL office has a facilitating role, experts of the DTL community have formed groups under the DTL umbrella to run various activities.
- active in healthcare, agriculture & livestock, nutrition, and industrial biotechnology data;
- runs FAIR Data activities and Research Data Management activities;
- collaborates with the DTL Technologies programme to harmonise data handling at the DTL Technology Hotels;
- collaborates with the DTL Learning programme to develop data-related training and education;
- coordinates the activities of ELIXIR-NL within the Compute and Interoperability platform.
- facilitates the (combined) use of advanced technologies in life science research, with easy access to expertise and facilities in omics and bioimaging;
- manages a network of around 120 Dutch life science expert groups, which have registered their facilities or expertise as DTL-associated ‘Technology Hotel’;
- collaborates with the DTL Data programme to harmonise data handling at the Technology Hotels;
- collaborates with the DTL Learning programme to develop technology-related training and education;
- is active in metabolomics and proteomics data-related activities within ELIXIR-NL.
- aims to establish a comprehensive, (inter)nationally acclaimed and sustainable training and education course portfolio for life science research & technology, which will be open to academic and industrial researchers;
- gathers professionals that jointly identify training needs and develop new courses;
- aligns its efforts with European training initiatives, for example the ELIXIR Training platform
- collaborates closely with the DTL Data and Technologies programmes.
DTL’s most important current activities are summarised in the matrix below. While the DTL office has a facilitating role, experts within the DTL community have formed groups under the DTL umbrella to run all these activities. (Read more about the organisation.)