Through the year BioSB organises a number of courses. On this page you will find more information about the registration/enrollment procedure for the courses.
Course fees are set at respectively 400, 600 and 900 euros (exclusive of 21% VAT) for a five-day course for PhD students (and MSc students), academics (PIs and postdocs) and industrial attendees.
For courses starting after the 1st of March 2023 we will use these fees until 8 weeks before the start of a course. Within 8 weeks before the start of course, the course fees will be set at respectively 480, 720 and 1080 euros (exclusive of 21% VAT) for a five-day course for PhD students (and MSc students), academics (PIs and postdocs) and industrial attendees. Online courses are offered at a reduced course fee.
Registration & payment
- You can register for a BioSB course by filling out the registration form mentioned on the respective course page. The form includes an evaluation of your experience in the subject of the course which will be shared with the course coordinator.
- Payment for the course has to be done online (via iDeal, credit card or PayPal), via the registration form. You will receive an initial confirmation of your registration by email. Please note that a course can still be canceled or rescheduled when the number of registrations is too low (see below).
- You can for a course of which the date has not been determined yet. After pre-registration you will be informed with priority about the date of the course and when registration opens.
- The minimum number of participants for a course is 10. The course will be cancelled or rescheduled when the number of registrations is lower than 10.
- Cancellation or rescheduling of a course will be announced at least 4 (until 1st of March 2023), respectively 6 (after 1st of March 2023) weeks before the start of a course. In specific, this means that registrants are advised to not make any travel arrangements or hotel bookings (unless these can be cancelled without additional fees) before receiving a final confirmation that the course will be held.In case of cancellation BioSB will only refund the registration fee and not costs made for hotel or travel arrangements.
- The course coordinator will contact you in case he or she thinks you should reconsider your participation in the course, based on your experience (asked for in registration form). If together you decide it’s better that you don’t participate, your registration will be canceled and you will receive a refund of the full registration fee.
- If for other reasons you decide not to participate in the course, you will receive a refund of the registration fee if you notify the course organisation by email at least 14 (until 1st of March), respectively 28 days (after 1st of March) before the start of the course. No-shows or cancellations made at a later moment are not eligible for a refund. However, after notification of the course organisation somebody else may attend a course as your replacement.
- If you would like to integrate BioSB courses in your personal PhD programme, you should contact your research institute for approval. (To avoid students having to apply for approval for each individual course, BioSB is in the process of contacting relevant research and graduate schools on the possibilities for integrating the BioSB courses in their education programme.)
- If needed for PhD graduate programs, ECTS can be given. The number of EC granted will be discussed and announced per course (in general: 1.5 EC for following a course for a week, 3 EC with a final assignment). This will be marked on the course certificate that you will receive after completing the course and will be clearly stated on the course page.
- Several BioSB courses are also open for MSc students. MSc students need a recommendation by their supervisor and can only participate if there are enough seats available in the course. Regular registrations by PhD students and other researchers will have priority over registrations of MSc students.