In June 2017 the Data Steward Interest Group (IG) was initiated by members of Leiden UMC, UMC Utrecht, and DTL. Up until now the IG met every other month and was chaired by Daphne van Beek.
The distinctive feature of this IG in comparison to other initiatives regarding Data Stewardship is the hands-on and solution-oriented approach for practical matters.
In September 2018, with Jasmin Boehmer taking over the chairing position for the IG, the approach and collaboration design were revised. The new approach includes monthly virtual meetings of the task-groups and meets physically every two months as IG.
Jasmin K. Boehmer
Mateusz Kuzak (DTL Liaison)
To establish a community hub for Data Stewardship that enables informal and inclusive knowledge and experience exchange.
- Providing a platform for Data Stewards and like-minded in the Netherlands (and abroad) to share the experience.
Fostering the national implementation of Data Stewardship.
Joining efforts to produce hands-on solutions.
How to Participate
The IG is open to everyone that is interested in Data Stewardship and is not limited to a specific academic discipline, nor the Netherlands.
You can sign up to the mailing list
You can participate in person at the IG meetings every two months.
You can participate virtually at the IG meetings every two month, the link is provided in the agenda of the specific IG meeting.
You can participate in the task groups, that are meeting virtually monthly.
Outputs of the IG
Currently, all outputs are openly accessible via the shared Google Drive:
We are working on:
- A list of useful tools for Data Stewardship
- A list of relevant training opportunities for Data Stewards
- Collection of stories and anecdotes for the promotion of good data stewardship
- A comparison of the variety of job descriptions and tasks that are currently circulating
In the future, we are eager to produce a number of use cases, case studies, and overall showcases of the different practical duties of Data Stewards.
- View meeting agendas and other documents in the Google Drive Folder.
- Please subscribe to our mailing list.