In June 2017 the Data Steward Interest Group (DSIG) was initiated by members of Leiden UMC, UMC Utrecht, and DTL. Initially the IG met every other month and was chaired by Daphne van Beek. The distinctive feature of this IG in comparison to other initiatives regarding Data Stewardship is the hands-on and solution-oriented approach for practical matters.
In September 2018, with Jasmin Böhmer taking over the chairing position for the IG, the approach and collaboration design were revised. The new approach includes monthly virtual meetings of the task-groups and face to face meetings every two months as IG.
With the popularity of the DSIG growing and steady participation numbers, the new direction for 2020 is as follows: there will be five face-to-face meetings over the year. They will be hosted in different locations of DSIG members across the country and might include an extra session on a local topic or a short tour on the premises.
Further down you find the meetings dates for 2020 and the registration form.
Jasmin K. Böhmer, UMC Utrecht
Esther Plomp, TU Delft
Mijke Jette, Radboud University
Martiene Moester, Leiden UMC
Bruna Vieira, Radboud UMC
Miriam Braskova, Erasmus University
Victor Eggenhuizen, NIOO
To establish a community hub for Data Stewardship that enables informal and inclusive knowledge and experience exchange.
- Providing a platform for Data Stewards and like-minded in the Netherlands (and abroad) to share the experience.
- Fostering the national implementation of Data Stewardship.
- Joining efforts to produce hands-on solutions.
How to Participate
The IG is open to everyone who is interested in Data Stewardship and is not limited to a specific academic discipline, nor to the Netherlands.
You can sign up to the mailing list
You can participate in person at the IG meetings.
You can participate virtually at the IG meetings, the link will be provided in the agenda of the specific IG meeting.
You can participate in the task groups, that are meeting virtually monthly.
Outputs of the IG
Currently, all outputs are openly accessible via our shared Google Drive:
We are working on:
- A list of useful tools for Data Stewardship
- A list of relevant training opportunities for Data Stewards
- Collection of stories and anecdotes for the promotion of good data stewardship
- A comparison of the variety of job descriptions and tasks that are currently circulating
In the future, we are eager to produce a number of use cases, case studies, and overall showcases of the different practical duties of Data Stewards.
- 2020-09-24 Agenda + Registration
- 2020-06-09 Agenda + Registration
- 2020-03-19 Agenda + Registration Note: this is a virtual meeting- please provide your skype details
- 2020-01-31 Agenda