The course provides an in-depth view of specific advanced imaging techniques used at imaging centers of AMC, NKI and FNWI. The course focuses fully on intensive hands-on practical sessions and interactive discussions with experts in the various microscope techniques. On the final day participants present their own research topic and discuss which techniques should be implemented in their project.
Date: June 23-27, 2014
Target audience: PhD students and postdocs. An introduction course like the Basic Microscopy course is a prerequisite for the Advanced Microscopy Course.
- Measuring intra- and inter-molecular protein interactions using FRET and FLIM
- Confocal microscopy methods including spinning disk (CLSM)
- Superresolution microscopy
- Confocal quality control
- Correlative microscopy (bridging fluorescence microscopy and electron microscopy)
- Usage of fluorophores such as FlAsH/ReAsH
Course website: http://www.lcam.nl/?p=361