Bayes in Action is a training program geared to quickly master Bayesian statistics.
Date: 8 June 2017
The topics are:
- what is your model?
- overfitting the data, which often goes unnoticed
- regression models, how to optimise the parameters
- model selection, finding the best model
- missing data, how to overcome these
- prediction models and their uncertainty
- non-linear models and aliasing
Furthermore, a number of Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning topics will be discussed along with their pitfalls.