The MolMed School organizes for the first time this one-day introductory course in GraphPad Prism, together with BITS (BioInformatics Training and Services), an institutional service facility from VIB, a life sciences research institute in Flanders, Belgium.
This one day hands-on introduction course will be taught by Janick Mathys from VIB Leuven.
Date: 21 September 2015
Program: Course topics:
After the basic statistics theory session in the morning, you should be able to:
- Understand basic statistical concepts and methods for statistical analysis of life sciences data
- Interpret and critically assess the results of basic statistical analyses
In the afternoon, we will apply the theory in Prism in a hands-on session, so you will learn:
- What Prism is, where to find more information, how to install and use it
- How to use Prism to handle data: reading data
- How to use Prism to create graphics
- How to use basic statistical techniques in Prism: mean, variance, confidence intervals, correlations, hypothesis testing…
This training gives an introduction to the use of statistics for basic analyses of life sciences data. The theoretical background will be applied in a hands-on session on real-life data using the statistical software GraphPad Prism. GraphPad Prism combines scientific graphing, curve fitting (nonlinear regression), statistics and data organization.
Course website: read more.