As a part of the ”Working up and building the foundation for Data Carpentry and Software Carpentry within ELIXIR” pilot, there will be the following events in 2015:
ELIXIR-Finland is hosting:
ELIXIR-Netherlands is hosting:
- a Data Carpentry Hackaton and a Data Carpentry Workshop on 22-25 June 2015.
Partners involved: ELIXIR-NL, NLeSC, TU/E, UU, WUR, UMCG
The Data Carpentry workshop is aimed at researchers in the life sciences at all career stages. Data Carpentry is designed to teach basic concepts, skills and tools for working more effectively with data.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- How to use spreadsheet programs (such as Excel) more effectively, and the limitations of such programs.
- Getting data out of spreadsheets and into more powerful tools (R).
- Using databases, including managing and querying data in SQL.
- Workflows and automating repetitive tasks, in particular using the command line shell.]
Here you can find a report of the Data Carpentry Hackathon and Workshop
If you want more information about these initiatives please contact Celia van Gelder.