The Netherlands needs a Public Galaxy Server. There are to understaffed servers at this moment. We aim to overcome this problem by merging them.
Main discussion topics during this Focus meeting will be: Who can help to maintain the server and who will have/take/share the following roles:
- Help desk answering mails
- Maintaining linux and database
- Maintaining Galaxy
- Monitoring the application (nagios/zabbix), writing tests
- Following Galaxy developments
- Installing different tool sets
- Maintaining a VM clone of the whole system
- Planning for trainings
- Actually doing trainings
- Contacting heavy users about how we can help them do their work elsewhere
The meeting is open, but we require participants to give us a motivation why they should participate. Participants are expected to be able to help with the server in the future.
DTL Focus meetings are facilitated by SURF.
- Date: April 15, 2016 – 13:00 – 17:00 h
- Venue: SURF, Kantoren Hoog Overborch Hoog Catharijne Nederland, Moreelsepark 48, 3511 EP Utrecht (4th floor)
- Participation is free of charge, but registration is required! You can register via the form below.
- Please note that the maximum capacity of the room is 18.
To be announced