This Focus meeting, co-organised with SURF, focusses on best practices in research workspace environments available for researchers in the health care research.
Research workspaces offered within research institutes and medical centres will be discussed. Workspaces differ in the tools and infrastructure that they offer, as well as the expected prior knowledge that is needed to work with them. This meeting will focus on the possibilities and impossibilities of the workspaces.
Speakers include Harry Pijl (UMCU) and Arnoud van der Maas (RadboudUMC) presenting inventory results from the NFU Data4LifeSciences program, and Prof. Ronald Stolk (UMCG) about the UMCG and Lifelines workspace environment.
Questions that will be addressed:
- What do research workspace environments support?
- Is the goal to support researchers in all tools and applications?
- How flexibel should a research workspace be?
- What works and what doesn’t work for researchers?
- What is still missing?
- What are the different possibilities concerning cloud and web portal solutions and what are the pros and cons?
- And is federation of the workspaces an option?
The meeting is targeted at researchers and research supporters in Life Science and Health research as well as for workspace providers (central or research ICT, UMCs).
Date: December 16th, 2015, 13:00 – 18:00 (including drinks)
Venue: SURF, office building Hoog Overborch, Hoog Catharijne, Utrecht (route)
Registration is closed.