For more in depth information about FAIR have a look at the GoFAIR foundation and/or read the first formal publication ‘The FAIR Guiding Principles for scientific data management and stewardship‘.
There is no “O” for “Open” in FAIR. Proponents of FAIR data often also stress that data should be as open as possible, access only being restricted where necessary.
FAIR Data: tools
The DTL FAIR Data team has developed tools that compose the so-called ‘Data FAIRport’. You can find demos on our dedicated FAIR Data Tools page.
FAIR Data: learn more
- Linked Data 101
- Webinar on FAIR Data stewardship and BYODs (Luiz Bonino, August 2015)
- Webinar on ELIXIR rare disease interoperability pilot (Marco Roos, October 2017)
- Interview with Barend Mons about FAIR Data stewardship
- FAIRification process – VCF/OpenRefine Tutorial
- Data set voting
- Recordings of the December 2017 FAIR Data workshop at the Irish Health Research Board
- Paper ‘Cloudy, increasingly FAIR; revisiting the FAIR Data guiding principles for the European Open Science Cloud‘
FAIR Data: Expertise
- FAIR Data: Luiz Bonino
- BYODs and hackathons: Mascha Jansen (Read more about BYODs and hackathons.)
- FAIR Data training: Erik Schultes and Celia van Gelder (Read more about FAIR Data Training.)
- DSP Web-Wizard: Robert Pergl and Rob Hooft
Please contact Rob Hooft if you have a question about the DTL Data programme.