Are you our next generation?
BaseClear is a contract laboratory specialised in DNA analysis. For all areas in which DNA plays a key role, BaseClear has been offering services in the form of convenient and high-quality solutions for the last 25 years. BaseClear distinguishes itself by having a highly customer orientated approach, working in close collaboration with customers to develop solutions specifically matched to their needs.
BaseClear offers a number of service packages based on the innovative Next Generation sequencing technologies. Over the last two decades we have gained considerable experience and expertise in microbial genome and transcriptome analysis and currently offer a comprehensive package of services to customers in these fields. Management of “big data” and the development of reliable lab-supporting software play a crucial role to keep up with the growing interest in these services.
We are currently looking for candidates for the position of:
Bioinformatics software engineer (m/f)
The candidate will play an essential role in the implementation of different automation projects, among which the development of lab-supporting software such as the LIMS sample tracking system. In addition the candidate develops our cloud-based genome portals that provide customers interactive insight into the results of their genome sequencing projects. Further he/she takes care that data is properly managed. Together with the Bio-IT team he/she guarantees the environment is compliant to information security standards. He/she will work as part of a highly motivated team of scientists and technicians. He/she will work as part of a highly motivated team of scientists and technicians.
We are looking for:
A result orientated, enthusiastic candidate with up to 2 years work experience as a bioinformatician or programmer.
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language (C# or Visual Basics) and one scripting language (preferable Python).
- The candidate has a good understanding of SQL databases and web-applications.
- Experience with cloud computing is an advantage.
- Additionally we are looking for a candidate who has excellent communication skills and a high level of energy and ambition.
- The successful candidate must be able to work well both independently and within a team and be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience with quality systems (ISO17025 or ISO27001) is an advantage.
- Education: Bachelor or Master degree with relevant demonstrable programming and ICT knowledge (preferably in a commercial setting).