Are you an ambitious life science PhD who believes in pioneering medicine together? Someone who has in-depth scientific knowledge, and wants to develop the organizational and communication skills to manage public-private partnership research projects on an European scale? Make the next move towards a challenging and rewarding career by becoming a Program Manager in the team at Lygature – the Netherlands’ leading translational research facilitator.
Lygature drives the development of new medical solutions for patients by managing public-private partnerships (PPPs) that bring together academia, industry and society. A key ingredient of successful PPPs is an independent third party that builds trust, provides governance and transcends barriers. This is exactly where Lygature comes in.
Lygature is the result of the merger of the Center for Translational Molecular Medicine and Top Institute Pharma. Lygature is based in Utrecht, in the Jaarbeurs Beatrix building next to Utrecht Central Station.
We are currently inviting applications for a starting position as:
Program Manager (32-40 hrs per week)
In collaboration with other members of the Lygature team, the Program Manager will be responsible for:
- monitoring the progress of projects according to the defined time-line
- ensuring that projects meet the defined goals and objectives
- guaranteeing high quality levels in all project activities and output
- advising consortium leadership on possible solutions
- tracking and controlling project budgets
- coordinating inter-partner relationships and activities
Skills and experience
- PhD in a bio-medical discipline
- Preferably, one year’s experience in the private sector or a similar program management function
- A strong work ethic, including the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- The ability to work under time pressure
- A hands-on mentality