Who are you?
You are a bioinformatician who likes to work with clinical and molecular data using Python and Pandas, who would like to contribute to Open Source software and Open Data, biomedical science and patient wellbeing.
The Hyve is a young, international Bio-IT company, employing software developers, solutions architects and data engineers. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that support scientists in life sciences and healthcare R&D using open source software, open data and open standards. Our vision is to enhance the quality and impact of biomedical research by providing biomedical informatics solutions.
- Transforming client data into cBioPortal/Open Targets format and loading it in a reproducible and automated fashion
- Interacting with clients to gather requirements and resolve data issues
- Training client bioinformaticians in using our solutions
- Answering complex data questions
- Testing newly developed functionality
- Affinity with what we try to achieve at The Hyve: improving the world by providing biomedical scientists with excellent tools for managing their data
- Experience with Python (or another programming language and be a fast learner)
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge of genomics
- Healthy dose of curiosity
- Based in or willing to move to The Netherlands
- Affinity with genomics data
- Service oriented attitude
Nice to have
- Experience with Pandas, MySQL, Git, Docker
- Some background in cancer research
- Experience with common genomics file formats (e.g. VCF, MAF)