DTL Focus Meetings address well-defined scientific or infrastructural issues that cross borders between technologies or domains.
- Contact us if you want to organise a Focus Meeting or suggest a topic.
- Check the events list for upcoming Focus Meetings.
The meetings are initiated when the DTL core team or DTL-associated scientists signal problems or solutions that come up in multiple research groups. Focus Meetings usually feature a few short lectures, followed by a well-prepared discussion that engages the whole audience. A white paper or report is prepared after the meeting, so that the results can be shared with the DTL community.
Previous Focus Meetings
- Creating a Bioinformatics and Data Stewardship Service Center, March 9, 2017 (Meeting report)
- Data integration, standards and FAIR principles in proteomics, August 9, 2016 (Slides)
- Current status of FAIR developments, May 25, 2016 (Slides)
- Fair data stewardship and data management plans for DTL Hotel managers, March 22, 2016 (Meeting report)
- New sequencing technology: Nanopore and PacBio, March 8, 2016
- Scalability of image storage and processing, February 29, 2016
- Research Workspaces for Health Care research: local or federated, December 16, 2015 (Meeting report)
- Data Management in Biological Collections, September 29, 2015
- Good Research Practice / E-lab journal, September 9, 2015
- Using GRCh38 in NGS data analysis, March 31, 2015 (Meeting report)
- No more duplicate data entry!, July 8, 2014 (Slides)
- Good Research Practice (GRP), July 7, 2014 (Slides)
- Genome imputation, June 6, 2014, Wageningen (Meeting report, Slides)
- Water Metagenomics, June 2, 2014 (Meeting report)
- Genomes gone Wild, May 12, 2014
- Proteomics bioinformatics: Colims, May 8, 2014, Amsterdam
- NGS Production pipelines, April 15, 2014 (White paper)
- Study Capturing, March 21, 2014, Maastricht
- Research data repositories: requirements & solutions, March 3 2014 (White paper)
- NGS Data Sharing & Repository, February 3, 2014 (White paper)
- Workshop ‘Peak Capacity’, September 23, 2013 (White paper)