In the ‘Enabling Technologies Hotels (ETH) programme’, life science researchers can apply for funding to get access to the high-end equipment and expertise of 130+ Technology Hotels that are listed on the DTL website. There have been four calls for ETH proposals since 2013, resulting in 155 granted projects.
ZonMw and NWO have set up the ETH programme in collaboration with DTL to stimulate open access of Dutch research facilities. The programme contributes to the aims of the Topsectors Life Sciences & Health, Agri & Food, and Horticulture & Starting Materials. Since 2013, four calls have been held, resulting in 155 granted projects. Many grant recipients have indicated that they will continue collaborating after the ETH project, for instance by jointly writing grant proposals or by financing follow-up research from their own means. So, the programme has already resulted in fruitful new collaborations.
- ZonMw web page about the ETH programme.
- News item: Results of the most recent call. (January 2018)
- News item: Sneak preview Enabling Technologies Hotels Call response (Sept 2017)
- News item: Enabling Technologies Hotel call 2017 open (May 2017)
- News item: What is happening in the DTL hotel network? (October 2016)
- Flyer (infographic) about the most recent call.
- Experience story: ‘Enabling Technologies Hotels programme helps LUMC with development of new technology for Rheumatoid Arthritis research‘.
- News items about the results of previous calls: call 1, call 2, call 3, call 4.