Plesmanlaan 1d, 2333 BZ, Leiden
GenomeScan provides innovative genetic analyses for patient diagnostics and R&D. We build on our 15 years of experience as ServiceXS, one of Europe’s first Genomic service providers.
We offer ISO 17025 accredited Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and micro-array services. This international standard for laboratory excellence is awarded for laboratories that show proven competency and accuracy.
Much of our research capacity is devoted to the development of new NGS applications. As early adapters, we constantly make the newest technologies available for our customers. We acquire the most cutting-edge instruments and develop new techniques to sequence samples that are notoriously difficult to analyze.
We develop optimal research strategies in tight collaboration with our customers. Project requirements within agrogenomics, pharmaceutical or university departments are all different. Scientists dedicated to your project guide you and aim for the best customer experience. Our team of Bioinformaticians can provide you with the data formats of your choice. We are a reliable partner for genetic analyses from laboratory to data-analysis and diagnostics.
- Biomedical & health
- Agri & Food
- Industrial biotech
- Whole Genome Sequencing, Whole Exome Sequencing, (Custom) Targeted Gene panels, NIPT, CNV analysis
- Transcriptomics: All RNA species (incl small RNA's), Targeted RNAseq, FFPE-samples, low input
- Methylation analysis for all species: Illumina EPIC micro-array, RRBS, Whole Methylome Sequencing, Targeted Methylation
- Single cell sequencing, long read (de novo) sequencing
- BioInformatics analysis of all NGS data including Diagnostic interpretation of gene panels/WES/WGS
- Clinical Genetics
- Biomarker discovery
- Technology development
Expertise and Track Record
GenomeScan is the largest service provider in Western-Europe for diagnostic sequencing. Our lab houses all relevant sequencing instruments for high-throughput cost-effective sequencing, such as Illumina’s NovaSeq, and for de novo sequencing using the PacBio Sequel.
In 2017 we analyzed thousands of WES samples for a.o. Klinical Genetics departments of the LUMC and Erasmus MC. With the recent addition of Illumina’s industry scale NovaSeq, we provide Whole Genome Sequencing samples in a high-throughput and therefore cost-effective manner. Our collaboration with these clinical departments allow us to provide diagnostic interpretations.
Due to our large-scale operations, we are a dedicated provider of RNAseq and methylation EPIC services for many (international) research groups, pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
We remain at the fore-front of innovative genomic techniques by the addition of novel techniques to our portfolio, such as single cell sequencing. We strive to improve constantly improve our services by the addition of novel applications to process even smaller amounts or lower quality samples.
Our added value is our constant high quality of the data, that is guarenteed by our ISO 17025 and G(C)LP compliant workflows.
– Whole Exome Sequencing (WES) and Inherited Disease Panels for academic Clinical Genetics departments such as the LUMC and Erasmus MC.
– NIPT as part of the Dutch Trident study
GenomeScan has been part of multi -omics projects, but is looking for partners to advance even more in systems biology.
- Detecting PKD1 variants in polycystic kidney disease patients by single-molecule long-read sequencing. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/humu.23223/full
- Critical points for an accurate human genome analysis. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/humu.23238/full
- The draft genome sequence of the ascomycete fungus Penicillium subrubescens reveals a highly enriched content of plant biomass related CAZymes compared to related fungi. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168165617300755
- Differentiation-Defective Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Reveal Strengths and Limitations of the Teratoma Assay and In Vitro Pluripotency Assays
- Whole Transcriptome Sequencing (RNAseq) As a Comprehensive, Cost-Efficient Diagnostic Tool for Acute Myeloid Leukemia. www.bloodjournal.org/content/128/22/1701?sso-checked=true
- Imprinted survival genes preclude loss of heterozygosity of chromosome 7 in cancer cells. onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/path.4756/full
- Integrative analysis of extracellular and intracellular bladder cancer cell line proteome with transcriptome: improving coverage and validity of –omics findings. www.nature.com/articles/srep25619?WT.feed_name=subjects_mass-spectrometry&error=cookies_not_supported
GenomeScan collaborates with many international research groups. We currently have around 15 EU projects that we collaborate in (see https://www.genomescan.nl/research-collaborations/)-
- iScan for Illumina micro-arrays
- Chromium Single Cell instrument
- Chromium Controller for genomic sequencing
- PacBio Sequel
- PacBio RSII
ISO 17025 / ISO 15189 / G(C)LHiSeq4000 HiSeq2500 MiSeq Affymetrix arrays Single cell WafergenP