The DTL Learning Programme closely collaborates with the Netherlands Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Research School (BioSB).
BioSB constitutes a network of Dutch research groups in bioinformatics and systems biology. It focuses on knowledge exchange and training in bioinformatics and systems biology in the Netherlands. They organise a yearly BioSB conference and ‘Hot Topics’ meetings on state-of-the-art approaches in bioinformatics and systems biology. In addition, they manage the BioSB course portfolio. There is substantial overlap between the stakeholders that are active in BioSB and DTL. Bioinformatics & systems biology is one of the themes of the DTL Learning programme. To better coordinate the activities of BioSB and DTL/ELIXIR-NL, the organisations have intensified their collaboration in 2018.
DTL/ELIXIR-NL and BioSB are strengthening the Dutch course portfolio by updating existing courses and developing new courses in close collaboration. We are developing a strong national portfolio of high-quality courses open for international students.
- Technology-associated training events, FAIR-based data stewardship, Software and Data Carpentry,
- Research Data Management in broader life sciences,
- Post-master courses for PhDs and postdocs in bioinformatics and systems biology,
- Collective certification scheme of skill-building programme,
- Course portfolio published internationally in the ELIXIR training portal.