By gathering in a national network, the DTL-associated professionals can identify training needs and develop new courses. This is done in collaboration with the partner institutes and research schools such as the Dutch Research School on Bioinformatics and Systems Biology (BioSB, offering training at the PhD and postdoc level). The efforts are aligned with European (ELIXIR Training) and global (Goblet) training initiatives.
Topics and themes that we are currently working on include:
- FAIR data training
- Bring Your Own Data Workshops
- Software & Data Carpentry (teaching researchers computing skills, with NLeSC and SURF)
- Metabolomics (with Netherlands Metabolomics Centre)
- Infrastructure access (with SURFsara)
- Galaxy Training (an open, web-based platform for data intensive biomedical research, with the Dutch Galaxy Working Group)
- Dutch NGS Course Portfolio (with the DTL Interest Group Next Generation Sequencing)
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology (with BioSB)
Inspect our DTL Learning/ELIXIR-NL Training poster (2016) to learn more.