The DTL Learning Programme stimulates and extends existing public outreach initiatives of the DTL partners. For instance, it supports the ‘Reizende DNA-Labs’ (DNA labs on the road). These are mobile practicals that educate high school students about DNA, genes, genomics, and the latest research techniques.
- Visit the website of the Reizende DNA-Labs.
- Read news about the Reizende DNA-Labs.
- Contact the Reizende DNA-Labs if you are interested in hosting a lab.
The Reizende DNA-Labs are an excellent means for high school pupils to get acquainted with DNA, genes, genomics, and the latest research techniques. The project has been up and running since 2006 and over 200,000 high school pupils have already participated in the practicals. In 2017, we started a collaboration with the Amgen Biotech Experience.
There are six different subjects, each one provided by a different university.
- ‘Prenatal’ research on plants by Wageningen University and research centre
- Deciphering tumours by Utrecht University
- Bioinformatics: life in a computer by Radboud UMC
- Healthy or sick: it’s all-in the folds by Leiden University
- Racing on toilet paper: Delft University of Technology
- Forensic DNA-research: Puzzling out peaks by University of Amsterdam